It was not long ago when there was a general assumption that when we grow older, we’ll naturally need to move into an assisted living facility or nursing home. There is now an enhanced awareness that living at home throughout aging with in-home assistance is actually a viable option. There is also extensive knowledge since the pandemic began that aging at home is the preferred and safest choice.
So, just how do you determine whether customized at-home care solutions are right for someone you love? To begin with, you’ll want to give consideration to his or her level of functionality within these two areas:
- Activities of Daily Living: These include daily tasks like showering/bathing, getting dressed, getting out of and into a chair or bed, using the bathroom, eating and walking.
- Instrumental Activities of Daily Living: These tasks consist of money management, cooking, housekeeping, shopping, taking medications properly, transportation and using the phone.
If a loved one is challenged by any of these types of activities, home care can be very helpful in improving both safety and independence. Not only that, but home care from Hearts at Home In-Home Care, offers numerous other benefits, such as:
- An enhanced level of overall wellbeing comes from remaining in the senior’s environment of choice, where she or he is most familiar.
- An in-home caregiver provides the socialization that is so necessary for physical and emotional health. During the isolating months of the pandemic, the necessity for regular social contact became even more glaringly apparent.
- Home care services promote healing after a medical procedure or hospital stay, and reduce the danger for re-hospitalizations.
- Home care allows older adults and their family members to savor more high-quality time together. A caregiver who helps with daily chores and errands frees up family members from these tasks. And frequently, seniors feel much more comfortable having personal care needs tended to by a care professional as opposed to a family member.
- Home care services are highly personalized, according to each individual’s unique needs, routines, schedule, and requests.
- With the one-on-one care provided by an in-home caregiver, care is never shared with other residents like in a facility setting – meaning needs can be met instantly without waiting for a senior’s turn.
- A healthier lifestyle is achievable for older adults receiving home care services. Caregivers can prepare nutritious meals that are appealing, provide medication reminders, offer encouragement and motivation to stay physically active, and much more.
- With transportation and accompaniment provided by the caregiver, an older adult can remain engaged in the community through outings to fun destinations, visits with friends, lunch dates, religious services and more.
At Hearts at Home In-Home Care, we’re honored to serve older adults throughout Mission Hills, Kansas and the surrounding communities with the in-home care services that make life the best it can be throughout aging. Our caregivers are background checked, fully trained, and experienced in an array of care needs at home to help seniors aging in place Kansas City and the surrounding areas. Email or call us any time at 913-440-4209 for a no-cost in-home consultation to determine if home care is suitable for an older adult you love.